3/2/17

Six Million Dollar Squirrel Update and Luck

The other day, a guy I know emailed me this:

"I believe in luck."

That would be great, but we were talking about investing for retirement at the time.

Anyway, the Wildlife folks came back and removed the traps. There was nothing in the attic and hadn't been for quite some time. They said the tree guy scared the squirrels away. So, basically, I could have stomped around in the attic and put some wood over the hole and saved myself eleventy million dollars twice. Mr. I Told You So is trying really hard NOT to remind me that he said that six million dollars and 3 months ago, which I appreciate.

Now, back to luck.

Was I unlucky because I "wasted" all that money for nothing?

Or was I lucky because no animals were harmed and a tree crisis was averted?

I am gonna go with:

"I am happy it is over and it was only inconvenient, not devastating, and the tree was splitting, anyway."

I will leave luck to traffic jams and pennies on the sidewalk, but nowhere near my retirement funds!

Now karma, that is another story....

No comments: